Hello lovely readers. I do apologize for being away for so long, and thank you to all of you who still continued to check in. I am really touched by your care and concern. It was just unbearable for me to keep up with blogging while struggling with all the pregnancy nausea. Now that the "morning" sickness* has finally passed (knock on wood), I plan to update you all with what's been happening with my pregnancy over the last (almost) 21 weeks. I can hardly believe that I am actually typing that...21 weeks of pregnancy. But it is becoming more real all the time. I regret that I wasn't able to document my pregnancy as it progressed from the beginning so that I could look back and remember all the details but the awful nausea was far worse to deal with than I ever imagined. Not to mention being completely exhausted all the time.
It's been so long since I've written anything that I hardly know where to start. It's been a little overwhelming, actually. Every time I would think about writing something, it seemed like such a huge, daunting task that I've been avoiding it for the last three and a half weeks since my nausea has passed. But I might as well start where I left off last fall: my hubby and I are expecting fraternal twins! Both embryos decided my uterus would make a nice home for the next 9 months after our transfer back in September. I've been told by a number of people - friends, family, doctors - that my nausea was so terrible because we are expecting two babies instead of one. Since I have nothing to compare it to, I'll just take their word for it. Seems to make sense anyway - double the hormones!
I'll keep this a short post tonight as I get back into the blogging world again. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm back and that the babies and I are doing well. I hope to catch up with you all again too!
*I have come to loathe the term "morning sickness," especially the "morning" part. My nausea lasted 24 hours a day. I have a feeling whoever came up with that term did not have a uterus.

Twins!!!! So exciting!! Happy to hear from you!! Glad you are feeling better. :)
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you! There are lots of us in the twin club! Yay! Glad the "morning" sickness has come and gone!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is ok and congratulations on the twinkies! Do you know if your Team Pink, Team Blue, or one of each?
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back and so glad you're feeling better! Sounds like we had a very similar first and half of the second trimester experience. Finally though I am feeling better too. Seemed to take forever!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Twins! I'm so very glad that you're feeling better and I look forward to reading about how you've been lately.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Twins are so great! I am one, so I know these things!
ReplyDeleteTwins! That's amazing, sams. Are you finding out the gender??? I'm so glad you ALL are doing well and that the nausea is abating now. We've missed you, friend!
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome back. So glad to hear the happy news : )
ReplyDeleteIt's been so long that I forgot you never revealed just how many we're cooking, but I always assumed it was twins with your high betas. Congrats lady! That is awesome. I'm sorry you were so miserable for so long, but hopefully now you can start to enjoy everything.
ReplyDeleteSuper exciting! Glad you are feeling better...I can imagine how hard that was on you....
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you are well. :) -Bridget
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I can't even imagine. Congrats on the twins! That is so exciting. Anyways glad to see that you are back to blogging. I was getting a little worried there. :)
ReplyDeletetwins - how wonderful! congratulations.
ReplyDeleteYAY! So exciting! They told me the same thing about my morning sickness. When both mine were living, they told me it would probably get much worse! So sorry you had to deal with it. It is awful! Mine did ease up around 15 weeks :).
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!
Make sure to make those kids pay for the nausea they caused you when they get older! Embarrass them on their first date or something. Even Steven.
ReplyDelete